Updated projections 3/7/2010
Hey folks here are the updated composite projections (2010.composite.projections.030710.xls), reflecting these changes since the last time:
* Updated the team assignments for several free agent signings, such as Johnny Damon;
* Adjusted playing time for literally hundreds of players to what I consider to be realistic expectations… for instance, this assumes that Ian Desmond will at least share a MI job with Cristian Guzman and Adam Kennedy;
* Tweaked runs scored and RBI’s to be in a more typical range (94-95%) on a per-team basis, and the win/save ratios as well;
* Added a league column to help out those in the unmixed world, and also games-by-position and position qualifications based on NFBC rules, which I consider to be fairly universal;
* Updated the POS column based on the actual games played and position eligibility rules.
(Also, I made sure this is saved in the previous version of Excel so everyone should be able to open this file without issue.)
I’ve been tinkering around with this as recently as this morning, so it includes adjustments to reflect the injury news on Russell
Martin and Alex Gordon (right), among others. Sell, Mortimer, sell!
If you’re not sure of how these projections are built, or what they represent, please read previous threads as Q&A’s before posting questions here… all your questions have probably been answered already. The best place to start is this year’s first draft of the projections.
Next steps in my draft prep is a series of mock drafts based on these projections (and the resultant rankings), starting tonight. Enjoy, everyone!